How Much Does Vehicle Self Storage in Saint John Cost?
Self-storage might feel like a place for moving boxes and personal possessions, but the truth is that storage is great for many kinds of possessions - even the bulkiest items, like vehicles.
Cars are essential for many of us, but certain vehicles aren’t needed year-round. A sports car, antique collector vehicle, or even a family van used for vacations - all of these cars don’t have to sit in your garage, taking up valuable space. The solution? Vehicle storage.
Vehicle storage is one of the best ways to protect your car year-round without compromising on space at home. Plus, storage units have incredible amenities that help keep your car protected from extreme heat or cold, eliminating stress surrounding your storage unit.
At Bluebird Self Storage, we’re passionate about helping our customers find the best solutions for their belongings, especially when it comes to your vehicle. However, plenty of customers have questions regarding vehicle storage, especially regarding its cost.
That’s why today, we’re taking a deep dive into the world of vehicle storage - what it is, the types of vehicle storage we offer, and its cost. Best of all, we’re highlighting self-storage in Saint John, New Brunswick, and how we provide vehicle storage solutions and more to Saint John residents. If you live in Saint John and need a reliable storage facility for your vehicle or other possessions, Bluebird has the answers you need. Now, let’s take a closer look at vehicle storage solutions.
What is Vehicle Storage?
Like standard self-storage, vehicle storage stores cars rather than simply housing your items. Depending on your needs, it could be an indoor protective unit or something outdoors. Its purpose is to provide a smart solution for your vehicles so you don’t feel stressed regarding the well-being of your car.
At Bluebird, we understand that everyone’s storage needs vary - there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution. That’s why we pride ourselves on providing dynamic vehicle storage solutions!
Bluebird’s vehicle storage is second to none when it comes to self-storage in Saint John. Our state-of-the-art facilities are ideal for protecting your most valuable cars or everyday vehicles. Now that we’ve highlighted the purpose of vehicle storage let’s discuss the two main types of vehicle storage.
Types of Vehicle Storage
While there are many different storage unit sizes and types available, you’d be surprised to learn that the same applies to vehicle storage! Bluebird has two types of vehicle storage available - indoor vehicle storage, and outdoor vehicle parking. While there are benefits to both types of storage solutions, the choice comes down to what works best for your particular needs.
If you’re unsure which type of vehicle storage is right for you, look at the types of storage we offer below, and see which one suits your storage needs best.
Indoor Vehicle Storage
For those who have an antique car, or valuable vehicle they need to keep in pristine condition year-round, indoor vehicle storage is the solution you need. Indoor vehicle storage is very similar to a garage because it provides covered storage space. However, typically these indoor storage units accommodate different vehicle sizes.
Additionally, indoor vehicle storage has different unit types available, such as climate-controlled features for additional protection. Climate-controlled storage helps preserve units from extreme hot and cold temperatures. For example, if you were to store a sports car during the winter, the cold wouldn’t be able to compromise the integrity of your car. Best of all, our indoor storage units are monitored by our 24/7 security, so your car is always in good hands.
Our self-storage facility in Saint John offers indoor vehicle storage, so you can drive up your car and park it at our facility with the utmost ease. Our various storage units can accommodate a range of vehicle sizes, so you don’t have to think twice about whether or not your vehicle will fit. Self-storage in Saint John is ideal for individuals who need reliable storage solutions for their cars.
Outdoor Vehicle Parking
If you have a work vehicle or family car that doesn’t need the same care as an antique vehicle, outdoor vehicle parking is the best solution. Bluebird’s outdoor vehicles parking offers the same storage solutions as indoor vehicle storage; however, your car will sit on an outdoor lot rather than within our facility. The outdoor vehicle parking has the same video monitoring as inside a storage facility, so our team can keep an eye on your car throughout its stay.
Short-term storage or storing extra family vehicles are ideal for outdoor vehicle parking. Many Bluebird facilities offer outdoor vehicle parking - just explore our storage locator to find a facility near you.
The Cost of Vehicle Storage
Even though there are different types of vehicle storage available, there’s still one lingering question that needs answering - how much does vehicle storage cost? While it’s easy to throw out averages, the reality is that there is no correct answer to this question.
The vehicle storage cost depends on the following factors:
- Type of Storage
- First, determine the type of vehicle storage you need, which the car's make and model usually determines. For older cars, an indoor unit makes the most sense for its preservation. Other cars like work vehicles would do fine in outdoor vehicle parking, but it always depends on your personal preference.
- An indoor unit typically costs more than outdoor vehicle storage; however, the amount of protection is considerably different. While an outdoor parking solution is more affordable, it doesn’t counteract the subjection to the elements as an indoor unit does. Consider what matters most to you when it comes to your car, and decide accordingly.
- Size of the Unit
- While every storage facility has a wide range of unit sizes, not all of them will fit the bill for your vehicle storage needs. The bigger the unit size, the greater the cost. However, it’s essential to pick a unit size that accommodates your vehicle.
- Discuss the make and model of your car with a member of our storage team. Together, we can help you determine the best unit size for your vehicle based on our current availability, so find the right solution for you. Our Storage Unit Size Guide is also a great way to help you find the ideal storage unit size.
- Unit Features
- Every Bluebird facility has different storage unit features, but not all of them are suitable for your vehicle storage needs. That’s why it’s essential to consider what features will help protect your vehicle. While keeping your car indoors might be enough to protect it, sometimes we need additional protection. However, additional unit features will alter your total monthly rent, since they provide an additional layer of protection.
- Many Bluebird facilities offer climate-controlled storage, temperature-controlled storage, and humidity-controlled storage, depending on your car's needs. Be sure to check with your local facility and see what features are available based on your storage needs.
- Duration of Rental
- Lastly, consider how long you plan on storing your vehicle. The longer you store your car, the greater the investment. Is this a seasonal solution, or something you’ll use year-round? Depending on your answer, you’ll have to account for the length of your rental agreement in the total cost.
Once you’ve determined these factors, it’s easy to calculate the average cost of vehicle storage. We recommend you consider these in the order they’re listed so that you can narrow down the best unit for your storage needs.
When it comes to storing your car, there are plenty of things to consider, like how it should be prepared for storage. Our guide to storing your car or truck for the winter breaks down the necessary components you should consider prior to storing your vehicle.
Choose Self Storage in Saint John for Your Storage Needs
Even though it can be a challenge to find reliable vehicle storage near you, our storage facility in Saint John has the solutions you need. We consider the amenities and features our customers need to protect their vehicles and implement them throughout our facility. When you need help finding a unit that works for your car, price range, and storage situation, look no further than Bluebird. Self-storage in Saint John offers indoor vehicle storage solutions to our customers, not to mention a vast range of options for household, business, and moving storage!
Our incredible self-storage facility in Saint John offers incredible solutions for all types of storage situations. Need a place to keep family heirlooms? Our units have you covered! Looking for accommodating storage space for your basement furniture before a big move? There’s a solution here for you!
The Bluebird storage facility in Saint John can store anything you need, thanks to our incredible location features:
- Climate-Controlled Storage
- Vehicle Storage
- RV Storage
- Boat Parking
- Universal Storage Amenities
When you choose Bluebird, we understand that you’re trusting us to look after your possessions with the utmost care. Choosing self-storage in Saint John is the best choice for you and your belongings.
Need help finding a better way to pack and store your belongings? The Ultimate Packing & Storage Guide is here to minimize moving stress and make organizing your storage unit a breeze@